Maintenance and Engineering Apprentice
An exciting opportunity to join our busy maintenance and engineering team undertaking the City and Guilds L3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance.
A multi-skilled and diverse role, the successful candidate will be working with our engineers to maintain classically restored vintage rides including the Golden Gallopers and Dodgems as well as service a range of agricultural and construction vehicles and equipment. The successful candidate will need to be hands-on, practical, articulate and willing to learn a wide range of skills with a sound knowledge of health and safety matters.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Conducting daily ride testing, inspections and services in compliance with time-frames, strict company procedures and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe environment.
- Executing mechanical and general maintenance repairs, ascertaining the nature and location of defects, working closely with the management team to ensure speedy resolution.
- Maintaining all service and repair records, as well as health and safety administration in accordance with current legislation.
- General maintenance duties across park as required, including PAT testing and basic plumbing as well as supporting park operations with the upkeep and presentation of the park.
As part of the Folly Farm team you’ll need to have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. Be meticulous, attentive to detail and a team player.
The successful candidate will have:
- Good numerical, written and verbal communication skills; a minimum of 5 C’s at GCSE including Maths, English and Science
- Hold a full driving licence
- The ability to work under pressure and ensure accuracy is maintained throughout
In addition, the following would also be desirable:
- Hold Technical Certificate Pearson BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Engineering OR
- Pearson BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronics OR
- Pearson BTEC L3 90-Credit Diploma in Engineering
Due to the nature of the business applicants must be flexible in their working hours and willing to work weekends and Bank Holidays. Application form must be accompanied by curriculum vitae and full checkable work history.
Closing date: Sunday 15th July 2018