We’re looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to join our busy Engineering and Maintenance team. A multi-skilled and diverse role, you’ll be maintaining our classically restored vintage rides including the Golden Gallopers and Dodgems, as well as servicing a range of agricultural and construction vehicles and plant equipment.
The successful candidate will need to be hands-on, practical, articulate and well conversed in all aspects of engineering with a sound knowledge of health and safety matters.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Executing mechanical and general maintenance repairs, ascertaining the nature and location of defects, working closely with the management team to ensure speedy resolution.
- Maintaining all service and repair records, as well as health and safety administration in accordance with current legislation.
- Conducting daily ride testing, inspections and services in compliance with time-frames, strict company procedures and health and safety regulations to ensure a safe environment.
- General maintenance duties across the park as required, including PAT testing and basic plumbing as well as supporting park operations with the upkeep and presentation of the park.
As part of the Folly Farm team you’ll need to have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. Be meticulous, attentive to detail and a team player.
The successful candidate will have:
- An approved mechanical fitting apprenticeship, NVQ L3 or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a mechanical role
- Hold a full driving licence
- The ability to work under pressure and ensure accuracy is maintained throughout
In addition, the following would also be advantageous:
- Hold IOSH and/or NEBOSH qualification
- Qualifications within electrical engineering e.g. Pearson BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronics.
Due to the nature of the business applicants must be flexible in their working hours and willing to work weekends/Bank Holidays.
Application form must be accompanied by curriculum vitae and full checkable work history.
Closing Date: Friday 1st June 2018