Work experience at Folly Farm
Every year we offer a limited number of placements throughout the zoo and farm.
So, we’ve developed a work placement that gives you a real insight into the life of a zoo keeper or Jolly Barn presenter. And yes you will be getting your hands dirty!
Duties include daily husbandry tasks, including feeding and cleaning regimes as well as the maintenance of the zoo and public areas.
Please note you must meet the following requirements to be considered for a placement
• Aged 18 years or over
• Available for a period of two weeks or more (please see dates available below)
• Currently enrolled on an animal related course, or pursuing a career in an animal related environment
If you meet these requirements, then please apply by clicking work experience link on the right hand side.
Things to note
• Closing date for 2019 applications is 30th June 2019.
• Placements are always highly competitive and have been designed to provide valuable experience of working with animals in a zoo or farm environment.
• All placements are voluntary and unpaid.
• We’re unable to provide accommodation.
• We currently offer placements during Easter holidays, July and August.
• Placements are 5 days per week for a minimum of 2 weeks.
We also allow research projects to be carried out at our zoo.
If you would like to carry out a research project please apply by clicking the research project link on the right hand side.
To enquire about work placements please contact:
Work experience team, HR department
Tel: 01834 812731