Give the gift of a flamingo adoption today.
Are you a fan of flamingos, or do you know someone that is? Sponsor a flamingo in the UK at Folly Farm today! When you adopt a flamingo you help us with our conservation programmes. Adopt a flamingo now – they’re flamazing!
How do I adopt a flamingo?
To adopt a flamingo, just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt a flamingo for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your flamingo in your adoption pack.
Your flamingo adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners. So you’ll feel pretty cool about giving this gift too.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about flamingos
- The word ‘flamingo’ comes from the Latin and Spanish for ‘fire’ referring of course to their bright pink feathers.
- A group of flamingos is called a ‘flamboyance’. And that’s rather fabulous.
- Flamingos filter small food bits in the water using their strange shaped beaks.
- Flamingos can stand on one leg for up to four hours at a time. But they’re not showing off, they do it to preserve energy and retain heat in their body.
- The backward bending knee of a flamingo isn’t a knee at all, it’s actually its ankle. Its knee is much higher and hidden underneath its feathers.