But sometimes we have to show our grown-up side.
So, we’ve got some general rules to help us make sure your day is both brilliant and safe. Please take the time to read through these and our terms and conditions carefully. It’s how we can make sure there won’t be any unpleasant surprises when you visit.
Here’s everything you might want to know.
- Please follow the information on signs and the advice of our staff at all times, it’s for your safety.
- We’re a rural attraction, spread out over a large area, so it’s sensible to wear appropriate footwear.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or remove visitors from the park whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by our staff.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. Visitors under the age of 14 must have an adult with them.
- Because nature is unpredictable and the welfare of our animals is paramount, feeding routines, demonstrations, talks and shows may be adjusted without notice. We reserve the right to withdraw any attraction without notice.
- 2020 prices are valid until 31 December 2020. We reserve the right to change our prices or withdraw promotions at any time. We occasionally run online promotions and refunds cannot be made on any tickets purchased before the promotion start date.
- The welfare of our animals is vitally important. Which is why we don’t let dogs in the park (apart from guide dogs with up-to-date vaccinations). Also, for the dogs’ wellbeing, we don’t allow anyone to leave them in a car by themselves in our car park. If you need to bring your dog with you, we’ve teamed up with these day kennels, where you can leave your pet while you’re enjoying Folly Farm.
- Please note extra charges apply to some of our optional attractions. Fairground tokens are non-refundable but can be used as payment in our gift shop.
- Please check our opening times before you visit, we’d hate for you to have a wasted journey. This is really important if you’re an annual pass holder as we close mid-week over the winter months.
- We’re sorry but we can’t be held responsible for incorrect information on external websites so please always check our website. If you spot any out of date information please let us know and we can contact them to have it changed.
- During quieter times our rides run on rotation and some of our catering outlets are subject to seasonal opening variations too.
- All online tickets are non-refundable.
- Our online day tickets are valid for three months from date of purchase, online gift tickets, annual passes and animal experience tickets are valid for 12 months. Please use them before the expiry date as we can’t give refunds if you don’t.
- Our online day tickets have a 10% discount, we reserve the right to change this at any time.
- Online tickets cannot be exchanged, transferred or resold for commercial gain.
- Defaced or altered tickets may be void and the holder will be refused admission.
- Proof of entitlement for certain online ticket purchases may be required on entry e.g. disabled ticket.
- Online tickets get you entrance into Folly Farm only, extra charges apply to some of our optional attractions.
- We’re sorry but you can’t use discount vouchers, promotions or any other offers when you purchase tickets online including Tesco Clubcard vouchers.
- Because under 2s are free you don’t need to a ticket for them to gain entry.
- Animal experiences must be pre-booked and redeemed within 12 months from the date of purchase. Your online animal experience voucher is not a booking. There are a limited number of spaces available daily (four giraffe, two penguin, two lion and two rhino each day) so please book as soon as you can. You can pre-book by ringing 01834 812731 between 9am and 5pm. A booking confirmation email will be sent to you so please bring this with you on the day along with your online animal experience voucher.
- For safety reasons, minimum ages apply to our animal experiences. Penguin and giraffe experiences are for children over the age of eight. Rhino experiences are for children over the age of ten and lion experiences are only available for those over the age of 16. Children under the age of 14 must bring an adult but that adult doesn’t need to buy an experience.
- There will be other people taking part in the experience and please note the penguin experience takes place during the public feeding talk.
- Online animal experience vouchers may not include admission to the park, please check with the person who purchased it for you or by calling us on 01834 812731 with your voucher code ready if you are unsure. If your voucher doesn’t include admission to the park, admission tickets can be purchased online from our website or on arrival at the park.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the animal experience from the public areas but can’t enter the enclosures unless they are accompanying someone under the age of 14. Spectators will have to pay the park admission price. Penguin and giraffe experiences take place in view of the public, lion and rhino experiences are not in public view.
- Sensible footwear should be worn as our enclosures may be slippery. Old clothes you don’t mind getting giraffe slobber, meat or fish on would be advisable.
- I’m afraid we cannot guarantee the animals will want to feed, Hugo isn’t fussed by stick feeds and rhinos can be particularly stubborn. Please also note whilst our penguins are breeding or molting their appetites are limited.
- The experiences are fully accessible to disabled users but please feel free to ring to discuss any requirements.
- We reserve the right to cancel or move an animal experience for operational reasons, you will offered an alternative date or time.
- We ask for 24 hours notice if you can no longer take part in an experience you have pre-booked, so we can make your space available to another visitor. You will need to ring the booking office again to re-book before your gift voucher expires.
- Some of our enclosures feature webcams which are streamed live on our website, at the time of booking you will be asked if you consent to the fact you may appear on these webcam streams whilst taking part in your experience.
- Animal adoptions last for one year from the date they are purchased.
- We aim to send your adoption gift to you within five working days but please allow for delays at busier times such as Christmas and Easter. It will arrive by Royal Mail first class delivery, however it’s helpful if someone is at home to receive it as it’s larger than letterbox size. If no one is at home to receive it and there is no suitable location for the item to be left by Royal Mail, it will be returned to your nearest Royal Mail Collection Office and an information card left for you.
- We’ll update the thank you board by the enclosure with the names of new adopters for the previous month on the first weekday of the following month.
- Our animal adoptions are for a type of animal rather than a specific named animal. This is because it may be recommended an animal is moved to another zoo as part of an endangered species breeding programme. Should an animal movement or death occur which means we no longer have a particular species at Folly Farm you will be offered an alternative animal for the remainder of the adoption period.
- We have a single name policy for our animal adoptions so we’re sorry but you cannot purchase one adoption pack for more than one person and have more than one name on the thank you board at the enclosure.
- If you purchase an adoption with an entrance ticket your gift pack will include one day entry ticket for you to visit your adopted animal which is valid for one year from the date the adoption is purchased. Anyone who comes with you will need to purchase a day entry ticket.
- Animal adoptions are non-transferable to other people.
- UK postage is included in the price of an adoption. Adoption packages posted outside of the UK will incur an additional international postage charge of £10 which will need to be added to your online basket at the time of purchase in order for us to process your order.
- 10% of the profit from animal adoptions is donated to one of our conservation partners. You can read more about the conservation work we do here.
- Annual passes can be issued as an individual pass per person or with all persons who have purchased an annual pass issued on one pass. Where individual passes are issued all of the following information must be supplied, but where a joint pass is issued only one individual on the pass needs to supply the following information:
Contact email address
A photograph must be taken of ALL persons on the annual pass
- Where a disabled annual pass has been purchased, the pass holder acknowledges that we will be collecting sensitive personal data (e.g health information regarding a disability or impairment) and that this information has been given deliberately and voluntarily by the pass holder.
- If an annual pass is being purchased for an individual under the age of 16, in doing so the parent/guardian purchasing the pass gives consent for the processing of the child’s data.
- Annual passes are valid for one year from date of purchase, whatever time of year you buy them. We also give you a month grace period to redeem your pass.
- Admission charges apply from the date of a child’s 2nd birthday. From this date toddlers are required to have their own annual pass and will no longer be able to enter free for free with any accompanying annual pass holders.
- Toddler annual passes are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase as long as the pass holder is 2 years old on the date of purchase.
- Our family annual pass is valid for two adults and two children or one adult and three children. If you have a toddler or a disabled concession in your family group then it may be cheaper to purchase your passes individually as these products are already reduced.
- Annual passes get you entrance into Folly Farm only, extra charges apply to some of our optional attractions.
- We ask our annual pass holders to check our opening times before you visit, as we close mid-week during the winter months.
- Our annual pass cards carry your photo, so they can’t be used by anyone else.
- You should bring your annual pass every time you visit. We’re sorry but there’s a small admin charge if you forget it.
- Lost annual passes can be replaced at the park (a new photo will need to be taken) and we we’re sorry but we have to charge £5 for a new one.
- Annual pass holders under the age of 14 still need to bring an adult with them.
- Unless otherwise stated an annual pass cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other promotional offer. We’re sorry but this includes Tesco Clubcard Days Out vouchers which cannot be used as payment for or toward annual passes.
- Annual passes may not be able to be used for any special paid-for events so please check before you visit.
- To upgrade to an annual pass and get your entrance fee refunded, you need to keep hold of your receipt. This can only be done on the same day as your visit.
- Our general park rules and terms and conditions apply to annual pass holders as well.
- Our ‘free return visit’ offer applies to guests who have purchased either a day ticket at the admission gates (including tickets paid for using Tesco Days Out vouchers) or online from our website and doesn’t apply to guests who have entered as part of a discounted entry group booking.
- To get our ‘free return visit’ offer, you need to keep hold of your receipt and get a ticket stamped before you leave, just ask our staff on your way out. We’ll ask you to provide some form of ID when we stamp your ‘free return visit’ ticket. This can be a bank card or driving licence but you must bring this back to the park with you for your return visit.
- Our ‘free return visit’ offer is non-transferable, so only the people who originally paid full price can return for half price.
- Tesco Clubcard Days Out vouchers can be used as payment for, or towards, our full price day entry tickets only. We can’t give you change if you overpay and they can only be used at the entrance and not to purchase tickets online at the discounted rate.
- Electronic vouchers are emailed to you by Tesco once you have converted Clubcard vouchers into Days Out vouchers on the Tesco website, just print out the voucher email and bring it with you.
- Tesco tokens can’t be used for our annual passes, group bookings, fairground tokens or in our gift shop or in conjunction with any other other.
- We’re sorry but we don’t take part in the Restaurant Rewards scheme so you can’t use your Tesco Restaurant Vouchers to buy food at Folly Farm.
- We’re sorry but Tesco Clubcard Days Out vouchers cannot be used as payment for a group booking.
- There needs to be at least 15 paying visitors in your group. This means you can’t count annual pass holders or children under two.
- Group bookings must be paid for on the day in one transaction. Please have your final group numbers ready on arrival.
- Groups should be pre-booked by calling 01834 812731.
- Our special school rate applies to school, meithrin and Flying Start groups only.
- We’re happy to offer this rate on weekdays during school term times.
- We ask schools to pre-book their visit in advance by calling 01834 812731.
- We offer our adult school rate to college and university students but we’re sorry the free adult ratio doesn’t apply.
- School trips need to be paid for on arrival at the park unless alternative payment arrangements have been made with us beforehand i.e. paying by invoice through the local authority.
- Please read our competition rules carefully. If you enter our competitions we’ll assume you have read them and agree to them.
- You need to be aged 16 or over to enter our competitions and living in the UK.
- Winners are drawn at random.
- We may ask your permission to take a photograph during your visit.
- We will name you as a winner on our website and social media.
- Employees of Folly Farm and their families can’t enter our competitions.
- Closing dates for competitions will be published on the competition posts. We reserve the right to change the closing date.
- We’re sorry but prizes cannot be transferred to another person and they cannot be exchanged for another prize or cash.
- Only one entry per person please.
- Please read our privacy and cookies policies to find out how we collect information about you when you enter our competitions.
- If you win we will notify you by email or through social media. If we don’t hear back from you within two weeks we reserve the right to offer the prize to someone else.
- If a prize is no longer available we reserve the right to replace with a different prize.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time and we can apply different rules to a specific competition.
One child goes free offer voucher
- We would allow one child free admission with every two full paying people on the gate, on surrender of the valid offer voucher.
- Offer will be valid only for the dates included on the voucher.
- The offer is applicable to children aged 2-15 accompanied by two full paying people on the gate. Children under two years old gain free entry under our standard entry policy. 16 plus is regarded as an adult.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, inc. Tesco Clubcard Days Out, group discount, online discount.
- Vouchers are for single use only and will be retained by admission staff.
- Photocopies are not accepted.
Holiday Park terms and conditions
We just want you to enjoy your stay with us so we’ve tried to keep our terms and conditions short and sweet.
- Our park has been designed with families and couples in mind so we’re sorry but we don’t accept group bookings from hen and stag parties. We hope you understand this decision.
- We ask that you respect our quiet time after 10pm and show respect to your holiday neighbours and our staff at all times.
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised at all times.
- For everyone’s safety we ask you to follow the speed restrictions on site.
- Feel free to bring your bikes but we ask that you do not leave them unattended in communal areas such as the shower blocks, play areas and lake. Please bring a bike lock and use the bike racks provided.
- Please dispose of your own rubbish in the designated bin bays.
- Standard WiFi is included free of charge.
- Entry to Folly Farm;
- Showman’s Wagons – unlimited entry to our attraction is included free of charge for the duration of your stay. Individual entry passes will be in your welcome pack and these must be presented to our admissions staff in order to gain entry.
- Touring pitches – you can purchase single day entry tickets at the same time you book your pitch at our touring site and these will give you unlimited entry to our attraction for the duration of your stay. You will need to collect your passes from the site warden before visiting the attraction as you’ll need to present these to our admissions staff in order to gain entry.
- Pitches are available from 1pm and we ask you to vacate by 10am on your departure day. If you’d like to visit Folly Farm on your last day then please speak to the park warden during your stay as we have a holiday area available on a first come, first serve basis.
- During school holidays you can only book our pitches for three, five or seven nights. Arrival days during these times are Mondays and Fridays. Outside of the school holidays you can book for a minimum of one night to arrive on any day.
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due two weeks before your arrival date. Bookings cancelled within two weeks of your arrival will not be refunded.
- All our pitches are super-sized (12m x 10m) and fully serviced.
- Our pitches are for a maximum of six people and one vehicle only.
- There is space for an awning and this is included in the price.
- Your dogs are welcome on our touring pitches but we ask that you clean up after them and keep them quiet at all times. We’re sorry, dogs are not allowed into our attraction (with the exception of guide dogs) but there are day kennels nearby.
- Check-in time for our Showman’s Wagons is from 4pm and we ask you to vacate our accommodation by 10am on the day of departure.
- We offer three, five and seven night short breaks throughout the year. Check-in days are Mondays and Fridays.
- A 30% non-refundable deposit is taken at the time of booking. The remaining balance is due ten weeks before your arrival date. Bookings cancelled within ten weeks of your arrival will only be refunded if we’re able to re-sell your Showman’s Wagon or subject to Hoseason’s cancellations terms. A cancellation fee may also be applied.
- Accommodation will be inspected after each stay and any damage may incur a charge.
- We’re sorry but we currently don’t accept dogs in our Showman’s Wagons.