But sometimes we have to show our grown-up side.
So, we’ve got some general rules to help us make sure your day is both brilliant and safe. Please take the time to read through these and our terms and conditions carefully. It’s how we can make sure there won’t be any unpleasant surprises when you visit.
Here’s everything you might want to know.
Please click here for holiday park terms and conditions.
- Please follow the information on signs and the advice of our staff at all times, it’s for your safety.
- We’re a rural attraction, spread out over a large area, so it’s sensible to wear appropriate footwear.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or remove visitors from the park whose behaviour is deemed inappropriate by our staff.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. Visitors under the age of 14 must have an adult with them.
- Because nature is unpredictable and the welfare of our animals is paramount, feeding routines, demonstrations, talks and shows may be adjusted without notice. We reserve the right to withdraw any attraction without notice.
- We reserve the right to change our prices or withdraw promotions at any time. We occasionally run online promotions and refunds cannot be made on any tickets purchased before the promotion start date.
- The welfare of our animals is vitally important. Which is why we don’t let dogs in the park (apart from guide dogs with up-to-date vaccinations). Also, for the dogs’ wellbeing, we don’t allow anyone to leave them in a car by themselves in our car park. If you need to bring your dog with you, we’ve teamed up with these day kennels, where you can leave your pet while you’re enjoying Folly Farm.
- Please note extra charges apply to some of our optional attractions. Fairground wristbands and tokens are non-refundable. Leftover tokens can be used as payment in our gift shop.
- Please check our opening times before you visit, we’d hate for you to have a wasted journey. This is really important if you’re an annual pass holder as we close mid-week over the winter months.
- We’re sorry but we can’t be held responsible for incorrect information on external websites so please always check our website. If you spot any out of date information please let us know and we can contact them to have it changed.
- During quieter times our rides run on rotation and some of our catering outlets are subject to seasonal opening variations too.
- We reserve the right to amend our prices at any point.
- All online tickets are non-refundable so it may be best to purchase tickets on the day at our entrance in case your plans change.
- Our online day tickets are valid for 90 days from date of purchase so do allow for some degree of flexibility. Annual passes and animal experience tickets are valid for 12 months. Please use them before the expiry date as we can’t give refunds if you don’t.
- Online tickets cannot be exchanged, transferred or resold for commercial gain.
- Defaced or altered tickets may be void and the holder will be refused admission.
- Proof of entitlement for certain online ticket purchases may be required on entry e.g. accompanying carer tickets.
- We reserve the right to increase our admission prices at any time.
- Online tickets get you entrance into Folly Farm only, extra charges apply to some of our optional rides and attractions.
- We’re sorry but you can’t use discount vouchers, promotions or any other offers when you purchase tickets online.
- Any online discounts introduced cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Fairground ride wristbands
- Our staff will tightly secure wristbands at the point of purchase. We cannot give wristbands out loose for self-attachment. Only secured wristbands will be accepted by our ride operators.
- Wristbands are valid for a single day only.
- Wristbands are not a priority queue pass. Queuing for rides is required as normal and unless there is no-one else queuing you are not able to stay on a ride continuously, you must exit and join the back of the queue.
- Annual pass discount on wristbands is for the photographed members in attendance only. This discount is only available at our admission tills on production of a valid annual pass.
- Animal experiences must be booked online. Gift vouchers for animal experiences are not a booking and must be redeemed and booked online within 12 months from the date of purchase. There are a limited number of spaces available daily, so please book as soon as you can (there is one session per day for a maximum of two people from the same household except for our meet and feed our lambs experience which is for a maximum of four people from different households). A booking confirmation email will be sent to you so please bring this with you on the day.
- For safety reasons, minimum ages apply to our animal experiences. Meet and feed our lambs experiences are for children over the age of three. Penguin and giraffe experiences are for children over the age of eight. Rhino and sloth experiences are for children over the age of ten. Lion experiences are only available for those over the age of 16. Children under the age of 14 must bring an adult to accompany them during the experience. The accompanying adult doesn’t need to buy an experience but they will need to purchase an entry ticket. Our meet and feed our lambs experience requires one to one adult supervision for any children under the age of six. No-one under the minimum age can go into the enclosure/feeding area so if you’re taking part in an experience and have children with you you will need to bring a family member/friend to look after them during the experience.
- Please note the penguin experience takes place during the public feeding talk.
- Online animal experience gift vouchers may not include admission to the park, please check with the person who purchased it for you or by calling us on 01834 812731 with your voucher code ready if you are unsure. If your gift voucher doesn’t include admission to the park, admission tickets should be purchased on arrival at the park as we can offer a special discounted rate to anyone booked onto the experience.
- Spectators are welcome to watch the animal experience from the public areas but can’t enter the enclosures unless they are accompanying someone under the age of 14. Spectators will have to pay the park admission price. Penguin, giraffe and sloth experiences take place in view of the public, lion and rhino experiences are not usually in public view.
- Sensible footwear should be worn as our enclosures may be slippery and you may be required to walk through a foot dip to meet our biosecurity measures. Old clothes you don’t mind getting giraffe slobber, milk, meat or fish on would be advisable.
- I’m afraid we cannot guarantee the animals will want to feed, Hugo isn’t always fussed by stick feeds, rhinos can be particularly stubborn and sloths are generally lazy. Please also note whilst our penguins are breeding or molting their appetites are limited and we may block off these periods in the calendar.
- The experiences are accessible to wheelchair users, with the exception of sloth experiences due to the animals being at height, but please feel free to ring to discuss any requirements.
- We reserve the right to cancel or move an animal experience for operational reasons, you will offered an alternative date or time.
- We ask for at least 24 hours notice if you can no longer take part in an experience you have booked, so we can make your space available to another visitor. You will need to ring the booking office again to re-book before your experience.
- Some of our enclosures feature webcams which are streamed live on our website, at the time of booking you will be asked if you consent to the fact you may appear on these webcam streams whilst taking part in your experience.
- We make every effort to ensure the health, safety and welfare of you and that of our animals, including minimising the risk of transmitting zoonotic infections between humans and animals and vice versa. To help us achieve this, during your experience please follow all instructions from our keepers, respect our animals, supervise your children and practice good hygiene by washing your hands thoroughly after the experience.
- Animal adoptions last for one year from the date they are purchased.
- We aim to send your adoption gift to you within five working days but please allow for delays at busier times such as Christmas and Easter. It will arrive by Royal Mail first class delivery, however it’s helpful if someone is at home to receive it as it’s larger than letterbox size. If no one is at home to receive it and there is no suitable location for the item to be left by Royal Mail, it will be returned to your nearest Royal Mail Collection Office and an information card left for you. We cannot be held responsible for delivery delays once the item has left us. Please contact us within a month if your parcel does not arrive, we cannot issue a new one if Royal Mail shows the item as having been delivered, or if you contact us outside of this time frame.
- We only send our adoption packs to addresses with a UK postcode and the cost of postage is included in the price of an adoption.
- As a personalised product, animal adoption packs are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and not for resale. If your gift pack arrives damaged, there is a mistake on the adoption certificate or the wrong item has been sent, then please email us photos and we’ll send a replacement item.
- Soft toy animals may vary from those pictured.
- We’ll update the thank you board by the enclosure with the names of new adopters, who purchased a silver or gold adoption package in the previous calendar month, by the first Monday of the following month (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Our animal adoptions are for a type of animal rather than a specific named animal. This is because it may be recommended an animal is moved to another zoo as part of an endangered species breeding programme. Should an animal movement or death occur which means we no longer have a particular species at Folly Farm you will be offered an alternative animal for the remainder of the adoption period. No-one adopts an animal exclusively, you are adopting a share in a species and there may be multiple other adopters.
- We have a single name policy for our animal adoptions so we’re sorry but you cannot purchase one adoption pack for more than one person and have more than one name on the thank you board at the enclosure.
- If you purchased a gold adoption your gift pack will include one day entry ticket for you to visit your adopted animal which is valid for one year from the date the adoption is purchased. Anyone who comes with you will need to purchase a day entry ticket. Adoption entry tickets have no monetary value.
- We cannot guarantee your adopted species will be visible on the day you visit. Please allow plenty of time to return to the enclosure a few times to try and see your adopted species.
- Adoption does not mean you have any ownership rights over the adopted species.
- Animal adoptions are non-transferable to other people.
- 10% of the profit from animal adoptions is donated to one of our conservation partners. You can read more about the conservation work we do here.
- Annual passes can be issued as an individual pass per person or with all persons who have purchased an annual pass issued on one pass. Where individual passes are issued all of the following information must be supplied, but where a joint pass is issued only one individual on the pass needs to supply the following information:
Contact email address
A photograph must be taken of ALL persons on the annual pass
- Where an annual pass has been purchased for a disabled visitor, the pass holder acknowledges that we will be collecting sensitive personal data (e.g health information regarding a disability or impairment) and that this information has been given deliberately and voluntarily by the pass holder.
- If an annual pass is being purchased for an individual under the age of 16, in doing so the parent/guardian purchasing the pass gives consent for the processing of the child’s data.
- Annual passes are valid for one year from date of purchase, whatever time of year you buy them. If you’re purchasing them online they will be valid for 12 months from date of purchase so please purchase as close to your first visit as possible. If buying as a gift you should purchase an annual pass gift voucher which is valid for 12 months and your annual pass will then be valid for 12 months from date of redemption of that gift voucher.
- Disabled visitors buy a standard annual pass and this automatically gets them a free pass for a carer. Proof of disability is required and more information can be found here.
- Admission charges apply from the date of a child’s 2nd birthday. From this date toddlers are required to have their own annual pass and will no longer be able to enter free for free with any accompanying annual pass holders.
- Toddler annual passes are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase as long as the pass holder is 2 years old on the date of purchase.
- Our family annual pass is valid for two adults and two children or one adult and three children. If you have a toddler or a disabled concession in your family group then it may be cheaper to purchase your passes individually as these products are already reduced.
- Annual passes get you entrance into Folly Farm only, extra charges apply to some of our optional attractions.
- We ask our annual pass holders to check our opening times before you visit, as we close mid-week during the winter months.
- Our annual pass cards carry your photo, so they can’t be used by anyone else.
- You should bring your annual pass every time you visit. We’re sorry but there’s a small admin charge if you forget it.
- Lost annual passes can be replaced at the park (a new photo will need to be taken) and we we’re sorry but we have to charge £5 for a new one.
- Annual pass holders under the age of 14 still need to bring an adult with them.
- Unless otherwise stated an annual pass cannot be purchased in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
- Annual passes may not be able to be used for any special paid-for events so please check before you visit.
- To upgrade to an annual pass and get your entrance fee refunded, you need to keep hold of your receipt. This can only be done on the same day as your visit.
- Our general park rules and terms and conditions apply to annual pass holders as well.
Vouchers and offers
- Vouchers and special offers cannot be used in conjunction with any offers including any online offers introduced.
- Our free return visit offer is only valid for use within seven days of your first visit. You must collect your free return visit card from our admissions staff AND have it validated BEFORE you leave the park. This offer CANNOT be applied retrospectively. This offer is non-transferrable and the form of ID used to validate the card will need to be shown at the second visit. Please also note the free return visit applies to entry only. Any wristbands, tokens etc purchased during your first visit are not included in the offer.
- There needs to be at least 20 paying visitors in your group. This means you can’t count annual pass holders or children under two.
- Group bookings must be paid for on the day in one transaction. Please have your final group numbers ready on arrival.
- Groups should be pre-booked by calling 01834 812731.
- Our special school rate applies to school, meithrin and Flying Start groups only.
- We’re happy to offer this rate on weekdays during school term times.
- We ask schools to pre-book their visit in advance by calling 01834 812731.
- We offer our adult school rate to college and university students but we’re sorry the free adult ratio doesn’t apply.
- School trips need to be paid for on arrival at the park unless alternative payment arrangements have been made with us beforehand i.e. paying by invoice through the local authority.
- Please read our competition rules carefully. If you enter our competitions we’ll assume you have read them and agree to them.
- You need to be aged 16 or over to enter our competitions and living in the UK.
- Winners are drawn at random.
- We may ask your permission to take a photograph during your visit.
- We will name you as a winner on our website and social media.
- Employees of Folly Farm and their families can’t enter our competitions.
- Closing dates for competitions will be published on the competition posts. We reserve the right to change the closing date.
- We’re sorry but prizes cannot be transferred to another person and they cannot be exchanged for another prize or cash.
- Only one entry per person please.
- Please read our privacy and cookies policies to find out how we collect information about you when you enter our competitions.
- If you win we will notify you by email or through social media. If we don’t hear back from you within two weeks we reserve the right to offer the prize to someone else.
- If a prize is no longer available we reserve the right to replace with a different prize.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time and we can apply different rules to a specific competition.