Give the gift of a lemur adoption today.
Do you love lemurs, or do you know someone that does? Sponsor a ring tailed lemur at Folly Farm today! When you adopt a lemur you help us with our conservation programmes. Adopt a ring tailed lemur now!
How do I adopt a lemur?
To adopt a lemur, just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption package. You can adopt a lemur for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your ring tailed lemur toy in your adoption pack.
Your ring tailed lemur adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners. So you’ll feel pretty cool about giving this gift too.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about ring tailed lemurs
- The ring tailed lemur’s tail is longer than its body!
- Male ring tailed lemurs put smells, from glands in their bottoms, on their tail and wave it at rivals. It’s known as ‘stink fighting’!
- The ring tailed lemur is used as a symbol for Madagascar and for endangered animals on the island, because it’s so well-known.
- The ring tailed lemur is known as ‘maky’ in Malagasy, the language spoken on Madagascar.
- The ring tailed lemur’s Latin name is ‘catta’ because of its cat-like looks.
- King Julien, the most famous ring tailed lemur, likes to move it, move it!