How do I adopt an alpaca?
To adopt an alpaca just click on buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt an alpaca for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your cuddly alpaca in your adoption pack.
Your alpaca adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners. So by buying an adoption, you’ll be helping animals in the wild.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about alpacas
- Once a year our alpacas get the most amazing haircut. Alpacas are quite slim under their huge wooly coats and the shearers always leave a ‘mop top’ on their heads so they look really comical!
- Alpaca fleece is hugely sought after. It get spun into a yarn and people use it for knitting as its very warm and very soft.
- Baby alpacas are called ‘cria’ (pronounced cree-ah).
- Alpacas always poo in the same spot, as do rhino!
- Do alpacas spit? They can do yes, it’s to warn people or predators away, or to tell a male alpaca they’re not interested in his advances!
- There are no wild alpacas – the alpaca is the domesticated version of the vicuña!