Give the gift of a crocodile adoption today.
Are you crazy about crocodiles, or do you know someone that is? Sponsor a crocodile at Folly Farm today! When you adopt a crocodile you help us with our conservation programmes. Adopt a crocodile now – and make it snappy!
How do I adopt a crocodile?
To adopt a crocodile, just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt a crocodile for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your crocodile in your adoption pack.
Your crocodile adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners. So you’ll feel pretty cool about giving this gift too.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about the dwarf African crocodile
- They can live up to 75 years
- Dwarf crocodiles can climb trees and can sometimes be found in the lower branches
- All crocodiles have special glands in their tongue that help them process (and get rid of) excess salt
- When a crocodile submerges, they leave their eyes and nostrils above the water line so they can keep an eye on their surroundings and breathe at the same time
- They bask in the sun during the day in order to increase their body temperature and provide energy
About Folly Farm’s crocodiles
Our dwarf African crocodiles are called Bobo and Zemora and they are a breeding pair. Zemora, our female, was smuggled into the UK as part of the illegal pet trade and seized by customs before being re-homed at Drayton Manor zoo with Bobo. They’re part of an endangered species breeding programme so we’re hopeful of having baby crocodiles in the near future.