Would you like to adopt a giraffe?
Well, we’re offering you the chance to do just that with this truly unique gift for that someone special in your life.
How do I adopt a giraffe?
To adopt a giraffe just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt a giraffe for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your cuddly giraffe in your adoption pack.
Your giraffe adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners. So by buying an adoption, you’ll be helping animals in the wild.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about giraffes
- Although a giraffe’s neck can grow up to almost 2 metres in length it actually has the same amount of vertebrae as a human neck! That’s seven if you were wondering.
- Giraffes only need half an hour of sleep a day. And they sleep standing up. With their eyes open.
- Giraffes can grow to a whopping 6m (20 feet) tall and weigh well over a tonne (roughly 2500 lb).
- The ‘horns’ on their head are actually ossicones and are made out of cartilage. It comes from the word ‘ossify’ which means to turn into bone or bony tissue.
- Their tongue is prehensile, which means they can use it to grab at branches and leaves. It can grow up to half a metre in length!
- Giraffes spend a lot of time with their tongues out…for this reason their tongues are black to stop them getting sunburnt. Like a natural sun cream! Factor 50 anyone?
Read more about our giraffes.