If lions are your favourite animal we’ve got a grrr-eat gift.
You can adopt one of Folly Farm’s “mane” attractions. What better way to show someone special you love them than by giving them the gift of a “big cat”?
How do I adopt a lion?
To adopt a lion just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt a lion for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your cuddly lion toy in your adoption pack.
Your lion adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners including Safina Lion Conservation Fund through which we sponsor a ranger in Africa. So you’ll be helping the wild cousins of our lions.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about lions
- Lions are the only cats that live in groups.
- A group, or pride, can be up to 30 lions, depending on how much food and water is available.
- Female lions are the main hunters. While they’re out looking for food, the males guard the pride’s territory and their young.
- A lion’s roar can be heard up to eight kilometres away.
- Lions scent mark their territory, using their wee, to create a border.
Read more about our African lions.