Are black rhinos your favourite animal?
Have you ever considered adopting one? Whether it’s a gift to yourself or a present to that someone special in your life, there’s no better way to say ‘I love you’ whilst supporting conservation efforts for rhinos in the wild!
How do I adopt a rhino?
To adopt a black rhino just click buy now and choose if you’d like a bronze, silver or gold adoption. You can adopt for yourself or for someone special and we’ll also send a special gift message along with your cuddly rhino toy in your adoption pack.
Your rhino adoption will last for 12 months, and 10% of the profit will help raise money for our conservation partners including Dogs4Wildlife, a charity that trains dogs to assist anti-poaching rangers in Africa. So by buying this gift you’re helping to save rhinos too.
Schools and group organisations can also purchase our adoption packages. Please call the office on 01834 812731 to make arrangements.
Fun facts about rhinos
- Rhinoceros is a Greek word. ‘Rhino’ means ‘nose’ and ‘ceros’ means ‘horn’.
- Black rhinos have a ‘prehensile’, meaning hooked, lip for pulling leaves off branches.
- Rhinos run on their toes. That’s a lot of weight to carry!
- As the saying goes, rhinos do have thick skin, but they can still get sun burnt.
- Black rhinos are the third biggest of the five types of rhino.
- Black rhinos love eating plants. Up to 220 different types!
Read more about our eastern black rhinos