We’re getting ready to re-open on 13th July
Following today’s Welsh Government announcement, we’re delighted we can now prepare to re-open. We’ve been busy implementing our social distancing measures over the last few weeks and we plan to be ready to re-open on Monday 13th July.
We can’t wait to welcome you back. We’ve missed you and the animals have missed you. It’s just not been the same place without you.
We know you’ll be excited to visit but please be patient and more information regarding our re-opening will follow in the next couple of weeks.
Guidance for the re-opening of attractions is still being finalised and as soon as it is we’ll be able to let you know more. But here are a few things you might want reassurance of now;
- We’ll be limiting the number of visitors each day and we’ll be staggering arrival times to reduce crowding and queuing at admission. In addition to your annual pass or online day entry ticket, you’ll need a pre-booked ticket and we’ll publish details of how to book these closer to our re-opening.
- Some of our attractions and activities may be closed or cancelled according to the latest government guidelines. As these are subject to constant change we won’t be listing these yet.
- Annual passes will be extended for 16 weeks (the period we’ll have been closed) or the length of time you had left on your pass if it expired during our closed period. Some of you have already messaged us to say you don’t wish to accept this extension and you’ll re-purchase annual passes when we open. We’re extremely grateful for this donation and it’s enormously helpful to us so if you’d like to do this then just let our staff know on arrival.
- Expired online day tickets will be accepted until 01 November 2020.
- If you had an animal experience booked then we will be in touch in due course to discuss re-booking when these resume. This may not be when we first re-open because of social distancing measures but we’ll review this as guidance is updated.
- Tesco has automatically extended the validity of its Clubcard Days Out vouchers to 12 months from date of issue. You’ll need to speak to Tesco direct if you need to cancel the vouchers.
We’re still running with limited staff and are very busy getting everything ready for re-opening so we’d really appreciate it you don’t message, email or call with your questions and wait for more information to be announced – thank you!
Finally, we’d like to thank you for your continued support over the last three months. Summer trade will be vital for our long term survival. But facing reduced visitor numbers combined with the loss of income we’ve already suffered, the normally difficult Winter trading period will be another challenge for us. Every one of you who has made a donation, bought an animal adoption, sent an Amazon gift for our animals, bought tickets or sent messages of support has kept us going. But it doesn’t end here. We still need your support. So, please, please visit us when we’re back open, donate if you can and continue to buy adoptions (they make great Christmas presents!).
How you can continue to support us
Animal adoptions – there’s 17 adoptions to choose from including sloths, crocodiles, flamingos and goats.
Amazon Wish List – buy something to help care for our animals (or keepers!)